Friday, 20 January 2017

Double Jogger Stroller | Buying Baby Strollers

As a mother of twins, I have tried both tandem and twin strollers when my children were young. Although each stroller had its share of advantages and disadvantages, my personal preference was for twin strollers.

Graco Twin Stroller

The best double stroller for infant and toddler was actually the one that we purchased first when I had my twins. I envisioned it being sleek and streamlined, easy to push through aisles while shopping. It was here where I was wrong. Although a tandem stroller isn’t as wide as twin strollers, it was not any easier to push. In fact, due to the distribution of weight in the stroller, it would oftentimes be quite difficult. The length of the tandem stroller made it more difficult to avoid possible bumps into objects too. Another disadvantage was the complete lack of storage/basket!

In order for it to be able to fold for travel, there was virtually no storage on the tandem stroller! (Storage is a must when traveling with 2 children!) I initially thought that I would enjoy the tandem design in seating, but that proved to be another nightmare in terms of who got to sit “in front”. (The front back design also led to the child in front being poked and prodded by the child in the back.) Another design flaw, in my opinion, was that only the back seat could fully recline.

Twin strollers turned out to be a much better option than a tandem stroller. Whereas I first thought it was going to be nearly impossible to maneuver, it was actually very easy to steer. Although equally as plush as the tandem stroller, twin strollers are much sleeker. They fold neatly in half (top to bottom) and have an enormous basket that ran the entire length of the 2 seats as well as under them! Both seats reclined separately so that either child could nap if tired. Since the seats were side by side, both children could see equally as well eliminating that “front seat” syndrome. (The side by side did not stop the poking and prodding, but it did give each child an equal advantage!)

My only complaint about twin strollers (my particular model anyway), is that the awning was in one piece and had to be either up or down for both children. As with everything, you have to do what you feel is right for your situation and family’s needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment